Chapman Valley is a beautiful place to live with a vibrant and welcoming community. The Shire is here to help our community grow and prosper to create opportunities for inclusion and diversity.
If you have an idea on how to make Chapman Valley an even better place to live, work and play contact the Shire's Community Development Officer on 9920 5011 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Growth Fund
The Shire of Chapman Valley Community Growth Fund is available for not for profit community based organisations, event organisers and individuals to support the promotion and development of social, economic, recreational, art and cultural projects for the benefit of residents of the Shire of Chapman Valley.
Community Growth Fund grants applications become available immediately after annual budget has been adopted by Council and must be expended by 20th June following, unless agreed otherwise at the outset OR a written request for an extension and carry-over of funds is made to, and approved by, the Chapman Valley Shire Council. Advertisements will be called immediately after annual budget has been adopted by Council. Start planning now and discuss your project with the Community Development Officer on 9920 5011.
Application guidelines and form will be uploaded in mid May 2017.
The Objectives of the Chapman Valley Community Growth Funds are to:
- Assist the efficiency of operations of community groups by improving organisational development, asset purchases, marketing and management.
- Encourage partnerships fostering cooperative planning between groups to maximise effective use of resources.
- Increase the range of and access to quality events, activities, services and groups within the Shire of Chapman Valley.
- Support community development initiatives and socially responsible community approaches.
- Encourage the community to actively promote Chapman Valley’s positive attributes.
- Encourage the development of excellence and leadership in recreational, sporting, economic, tourist, environmental, skill/capacity building and cultural pursuits.
One of the most effective means of promoting community development is through the use of volunteers and non-government organisations. The Shire of Chapman Valley acknowledges and supports the contribution that community members make of their time, labour and expertise toward improving our community’s quality of living.
In 2016/2017 the Community Growth Fund supported the:
- Chapman Valley Historical Society: Railway interpretation signs at Nanson
- Chapman Valley Menshed: Security camera for Menshed
- Chapman Valley Tennis Club: Tennis Fence replacement
- Creating A Better Yuna/Yuna Tennis Club: New BBQ
- Chapman Valley Stud Breeders Association: Yard improvements
- Parkfalls Residents Association: Bill Hemsley Park entry statements